- Given that the Democrats have solid control of the Legislative and Executive branches of government, why is it that we keep hearing about the Republicans voting against Porkulus? Why is it that bipartisanship is now so important, when it wasn’t an issue before this? Answer: because they solely OWN Porkulus. They know that it’s short on stimulus and brimming with Pork, and if a majority of taxpaying voters figure this out, they are toast at re-election.
- This year, the Porkulus bill will implement about 4% of “shovel ready” projects (and this is supposed to boost our economy?). The vast majority kicks in in 2 years – just in time for the mid-term elections. How convenient…
- All we’ve been hearing the past few weeks from Barack Obama is how imperative it is to pass the “stimulus” right away, before economic disaster occurs. Now that it has passed Congress, and is awaiting B. Hussein’s signature, HIS priority this weekend was to take his wife out to dinner and spend a long weekend in Chicago. Yes, the country is economically falling apart, and our PRESIDENT is off to the Windy City to live it up for the weekend (sarcasm regard the falling apart comment). Hmmmm; maybe they’re tired of being stuck in the White House again?
- The CEO’s of the banks who took bailout money are paying the price. The government now owns their asses. Yes, they are now beholden to the government, and their expenditures will be under the watchful eye of those in Congress who caused this situation in the first place. That’s what happens when you depend on others; you are beholden to them.
- And speaking of those who expect the government to solve all problems-Henrietta Hughes had the cojones to ask the President for a kitchen and bathroom at a town hall meeting in Ft Myers, Florida this week. The nation heard her sob story, but it turns out that her son lost his job for poor performance, and she lost her home 6 years ago when it was foreclosed, long before the current crisis. B. Hussein has an uphill climb: Obamanation voters who voted for him in hopes of being supported by the government are going to be sorely disappointed. Ms. Hughes isn’t disappointed, because the PRIVATE SECTOR intervened, and she now has rent free housing for as long as needed, and her son has several job offers. We shall see.
- Turbo Tax Tim Geithner made remarks this past week about his bank rescue plan, and the market tanked. According to Jim Rogers, Geithner is the problem, not the solution.
- Doesn’t it seem odd that the current economic “crisis” had such a sudden onset, occurred prior to our Presidential election, and is given unprecedented urgency to fix by Democrats? Take a listen to Paul Kanjorski in this clip from C-SPAN. He is head of a financial sub-committee in the House, and speaks of a SUDDEN electronic “run” on financial markets. Coordinated attack of economic terrorism by a foreign country to cause our collapse? Election tampering?
Michelle Malkin has a post with the roll call vote confirming Turbo Tax Tim as Treasury Secretary. Yes, the main who dodged taxes and partially blamed it on a widely-used tax prep program, will have hundreds of billions of taxpayer $$$s at his disposal to spend as he sees fit.
Be sure to watch the YouTube video of James Inhofe embedded after the roll call vote.