- Bush left 8 years in office with a record $400 Billion deficit, but in only 2 months in office, B. Hussein is on track to QUADRUPLE that. Keep in mind that while the President puts forth his wishes, and ultimately signs any spending bills into law, it’s the CONGRESS that first gets it’s grubby little meathooks into spending legislation, and adds tons of pork and wasteful spending.
- Speaking of wasteful spending, Akron, Ohio plans on doing their part to stimulate the economy by installing a fence on the All America Bridge to prevent suicide jumpers.
- B. Hussein is apparently now the de facto Chairman of the Board of GM, forcing it’s CEO, Rick Wagoner, to resign. And the largely clueless American public doesn’t seem to be worried about government’s cancerous spread into the private sector.
- My first car was a Ford, and all others GM . But that may soon change. The Federal Department of Auto Manufacturing is now going to provide funds (with OUR money) to pay for warranty service. Given the way the government manages things, that can’t be good. Time for a Toyota? Is anyone else worried about the government encroachment into the private sector?
- Ford really DID have a better idea; they didn’t take bailout money. This allows them to conduct business as they see fit, and are not beholden to B. Hussein and GM (Government Motors).
- Although not very common, there really have been other people who have had epidural hematomas prior to Natasha Richardson’s tragic accident. How long will it take before the government mandates helmets for skiing?
- A California man just hit the government pork jackpot after being granted an $8.6 million judgement from the State of California. It stems from a 2003 accident in which Adam Rogers hit a wild boar on Route 1 near Carmel, California. The jury ruled that the state was responsible, because the state knew “that wild pigs regularly crossing a stretch of Highway 1 just south of the Carmel River were creating a dangerous situation, but they did nothing to address it.” Oh, and by the way, Adams was drunk at the time of the accident. Oink, oink.
- Alcohol does more damage than marijuana to the developing teen brain.
- Note to any mothers-in-law: DON’T piss off your son-in-law, especially if he owns an anti-tank missle launcher.
- Motorized bar stools should NOT be driven whilst under the influence of adult beverages…
- Of course, the Dems are the party which thinks they should tax the hell out of everything and everyone. That’s because many of them don’t pay their taxes unless B. Hussein nominates them to a cabinet post!
One of the goals put forth by B. Hussein was to utilize the internet to communicate to the American People. We saw the unprecedented website of “The Office of the President Elect” , and a revamped White House website. And since inauguration, it seems as though more and more .gov websites popping up out of nowhere.
And while I think it’s great to have government transparency in the form of information for the whole country to see, if that information is false, it does more much more harm than good. Such information in previous years would be call “propaganda”.
Well, Recovery.gov is one of those new websites, and The Heritage Foundation has a piece on their blog showing that the data is “completely made up” And in an Orwellian twist, the administration has “corrected” job numbers so that there is no discrepancy. What next-the “Thought Police”?
This is for all of you who voted for B. Hussein based on various promises he made while campaigning. I found this over at Sweetness and Light.
7 Broken Promises in Record Time
1. Make government open and transparent.
2. Make it “impossible” for Congressmen to slip in pork barrel projects.
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public. (Even Congressional Republicans shut out.)
4. No more secrecy.
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a bill.
6. You’ll know what’s in it.
7. We will put every pork barrel project online.
Arlen Specter (RINO-PA) once again abandoned the Republican party through his vote this past week for Porkulus.
The New York Times has an informative article on his motives for doing so (and it WASN’T at all based on the wishes of his constituents).
- Given that the Democrats have solid control of the Legislative and Executive branches of government, why is it that we keep hearing about the Republicans voting against Porkulus? Why is it that bipartisanship is now so important, when it wasn’t an issue before this? Answer: because they solely OWN Porkulus. They know that it’s short on stimulus and brimming with Pork, and if a majority of taxpaying voters figure this out, they are toast at re-election.
- This year, the Porkulus bill will implement about 4% of “shovel ready” projects (and this is supposed to boost our economy?). The vast majority kicks in in 2 years – just in time for the mid-term elections. How convenient…
- All we’ve been hearing the past few weeks from Barack Obama is how imperative it is to pass the “stimulus” right away, before economic disaster occurs. Now that it has passed Congress, and is awaiting B. Hussein’s signature, HIS priority this weekend was to take his wife out to dinner and spend a long weekend in Chicago. Yes, the country is economically falling apart, and our PRESIDENT is off to the Windy City to live it up for the weekend (sarcasm regard the falling apart comment). Hmmmm; maybe they’re tired of being stuck in the White House again?
- The CEO’s of the banks who took bailout money are paying the price. The government now owns their asses. Yes, they are now beholden to the government, and their expenditures will be under the watchful eye of those in Congress who caused this situation in the first place. That’s what happens when you depend on others; you are beholden to them.
- And speaking of those who expect the government to solve all problems-Henrietta Hughes had the cojones to ask the President for a kitchen and bathroom at a town hall meeting in Ft Myers, Florida this week. The nation heard her sob story, but it turns out that her son lost his job for poor performance, and she lost her home 6 years ago when it was foreclosed, long before the current crisis. B. Hussein has an uphill climb: Obamanation voters who voted for him in hopes of being supported by the government are going to be sorely disappointed. Ms. Hughes isn’t disappointed, because the PRIVATE SECTOR intervened, and she now has rent free housing for as long as needed, and her son has several job offers. We shall see.
- Turbo Tax Tim Geithner made remarks this past week about his bank rescue plan, and the market tanked. According to Jim Rogers, Geithner is the problem, not the solution.
- Doesn’t it seem odd that the current economic “crisis” had such a sudden onset, occurred prior to our Presidential election, and is given unprecedented urgency to fix by Democrats? Take a listen to Paul Kanjorski in this clip from C-SPAN. He is head of a financial sub-committee in the House, and speaks of a SUDDEN electronic “run” on financial markets. Coordinated attack of economic terrorism by a foreign country to cause our collapse? Election tampering?
Those of us who manage the public dollars will be held to account to spend wisely, reform bad habits, and do our business in the light of day, because only then can we restore the vital trust between a people and our government.
Barack Hussein Obama, 1/20/09
“We face the most challenging economic crisi since the Great Depression, yet this bill merely throws money at the problem by expanding existing programs”
Paul Kanjorski (D)PA, 1/28/09 (source)
What a difference a few weeks make.
Yes, we have seen the Congressional Democrat Pigs (and 3 RINO Pigs) at the taxpayer trough, voting in what has become know as PORKULUS (PORK stimULUS). So much for reforming bad habits and spending wisely. This is the BIGGEST spending spree by government in the history of our country. And it was rammed through by Congressional leadership without any Congressman having the chance to read it, despite promises of getting 48 hours to read it prior to a vote.
But that didn’t stop my House Representative, Paul “Free Money” Kanjorski from voting FOR Porkulus, despite having voted against it last month (he vote against it before he voted for it; how Kerry-esque, in a reverse sort of way). Apparently, the above comment from last month was merely him placating voters, to make it sound like he had reservations. Obviously, he didn’t.
And I’m also represented by Senator Specter, one of three RINO’s who voted for Porkulus as well.
Will this be both Kanjorski’s and Specter’s last term? Specter’s numbers are already tanking, although a lot can happen between now and next year for both. And Kanjorski certainly is not on solid ground, given that he barely won re-election last fall against Lou Barletta.
I do predict that Porkulus will not only produce a groundswell of public outrage, but also will sink a lot of re-election campaigns, much like the 1993-94 Democrat anti-gun crusade, which lead to a Republican takeover in the House.
Personally, I will make it a point to vote for anyone BUT a Porkulus supporter, and I hope a majority of others will do the same. Remember the Porkulus….