Posted on February 26, 2009 by Jeff
Lincoln and Obama somewhat alike, but not completely —
1. Lincoln placed his hand on the Bible for his inauguration. Obama used the same Bible.
2. Lincoln ‘s political career began in Illinois. Obama’s political career began in Illinois.
3. Lincoln served in the Illinois Legislature. Obama served in the Illinois Legislature.
4. Lincoln had very little experience before becoming president. Obama had very little experience before becoming president.
5. Lincoln rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration. Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration.
6. Lincoln was a skinny lawyer. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
7. Lincoln was a Republican. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
8. Lincoln was highly respected. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
9. Lincoln was born in the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
10. Lincoln was called Honest Abe. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
Filed under: Humor, Obama, Republicans | Tagged: lincoln, Obama | Leave a comment »
Posted on January 17, 2009 by Jeff
Less than 100 hundred hours until The Immaculate Inauguration, and we are now being bombarded with the latest spin/talking points: Barack Hussein Obama’s hero is Abraham Lincoln.
I can certainly see the symbolism; after all, BHO will soon be American’s first bi-racial president, and Lincoln was instrumental in freeing the slaves. But symbolism is no substitute for substance, and all of this Obamagasm doesn’t really matter. What DOES matter is how BHO will govern over the next 4 years. Right now, there are many more questions than answers.
Will BHO fix America’s problems, or create more? Will his primary focus be on the United States, or will he be more worried about how the US is PERCEIVED by the rest of the world?
Will this sudden fixation with Lincoln lead to a fundraising opportunity via the Lincoln Bedroom? If so, will we see a guest list?
How many campaign promises will not see the light of day? (for those of the Obama voters suckered in by the promises of tax cuts, it’s been shelved)
How long before BHO is tested with a crisis? Along those same lines, how soon before poor Joe Biden needs to be muzzled AGAIN?
Surely, BHO has a daunting road ahead, and eating like Abe Lincoln on Inauguration Day means absolutely zilch in the grand scheme of things.
I only hope that the next 4 years is not Welcome Back, Carter.
Filed under: Obama, Obamanation, Politics | Tagged: bho, biden, campaign promises, lincoln, lincoln bedroom, obamagasm, Obamanation | Leave a comment »