Posted on April 1, 2009 by Jeff
- Bush left 8 years in office with a record $400 Billion deficit, but in only 2 months in office, B. Hussein is on track to QUADRUPLE that. Keep in mind that while the President puts forth his wishes, and ultimately signs any spending bills into law, it’s the CONGRESS that first gets it’s grubby little meathooks into spending legislation, and adds tons of pork and wasteful spending.
- Speaking of wasteful spending, Akron, Ohio plans on doing their part to stimulate the economy by installing a fence on the All America Bridge to prevent suicide jumpers.
- B. Hussein is apparently now the de facto Chairman of the Board of GM, forcing it’s CEO, Rick Wagoner, to resign. And the largely clueless American public doesn’t seem to be worried about government’s cancerous spread into the private sector.
- My first car was a Ford, and all others GM . But that may soon change. The Federal Department of Auto Manufacturing is now going to provide funds (with OUR money) to pay for warranty service. Given the way the government manages things, that can’t be good. Time for a Toyota? Is anyone else worried about the government encroachment into the private sector?
- Ford really DID have a better idea; they didn’t take bailout money. This allows them to conduct business as they see fit, and are not beholden to B. Hussein and GM (Government Motors).
- Although not very common, there really have been other people who have had epidural hematomas prior to Natasha Richardson’s tragic accident. How long will it take before the government mandates helmets for skiing?
- A California man just hit the government pork jackpot after being granted an $8.6 million judgement from the State of California. It stems from a 2003 accident in which Adam Rogers hit a wild boar on Route 1 near Carmel, California. The jury ruled that the state was responsible, because the state knew “that wild pigs regularly crossing a stretch of Highway 1 just south of the Carmel River were creating a dangerous situation, but they did nothing to address it.” Oh, and by the way, Adams was drunk at the time of the accident. Oink, oink.
- Alcohol does more damage than marijuana to the developing teen brain.
- Note to any mothers-in-law: DON’T piss off your son-in-law, especially if he owns an anti-tank missle launcher.
- Motorized bar stools should NOT be driven whilst under the influence of adult beverages…
- Of course, the Dems are the party which thinks they should tax the hell out of everything and everyone. That’s because many of them don’t pay their taxes unless B. Hussein nominates them to a cabinet post!
Filed under: April 2009, Economy, Government, Obama | Tagged: Auto bailout, bho, deficit, government motors, government pork, Obamanation, porkulus, sibelius | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 8, 2009 by Jeff
- Who is John Galt?
- With the Legislative and Executive branches waging an all-out war against the middle and upper classes, there are more and more Democrats beginning to wake up to the fact that all that’s being done/proposed will affect THEM. Michelle Malkin has an interesting video of Whoopi Goldberg lamenting on The View about all of the taxes that are being piled on. Do I detect a ray of HOPE that all of this CHANGE will turn unpopular with Libs?
- For those who dismiss the idea of the Main Stream Media being in cahoots with the Democrats, chew on this: B. Hussein’s pick for UN Ambassador, Susan Rice, is the husband of Ian Cameron. And who is Ian Cameron? Why none other than Executive Producer of ABC’ s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos”. I wonder if Ian and Susan join in on The Ballerina’s morning Talking Points conference call from the White House?
- Poor Joe Biden. Just when he finishes up from the last time he was grounded by B. Hussein, he goes out and opens up his mouth again. In a speech to the AFL-CIO at their convention in Miami, he said this: “And (sic) old joke…you go home with them that brung you to the dance,” the vice president said, according to remarks put out by the White House. “Well, you all brought me to the dance a long time ago. And it’s time we start dancing, man. It’s time we start dancing.” Go to your room Joe, and don’t come out until Barry tells you that your punishment is once again over…
- Talk about having no class. While Barry and Michelle are living it up on Wednesday nights at the White House, they certainly didn’t put too much thought into a gift for Gordon Brown. You can dress ’em up, but you can’t take ’em out…
- For those who voted for Obama: how’s your 401k doing these days?
- Recommended reading: Charles Krauthammer: “Deception at Core of Obama Plans”, Daniel Henninger: “Has Obama Buried Reagan?”, Walter E Williams: “Sweden’s Government Health Care”, and Thomas Sowell: “Talk Is Not Cheap”
Filed under: biden, Economy, Government, March 2009, Obama, Republicans, Taxes | Tagged: bho, biden, charles krauthammer, daniel henninger, george stephanopoulos, gordon brown, ian cameron, john galt, michelle obama, susan rice, Taxes, thomas sowell, walter e williams, whoopi goldberg | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 1, 2009 by Jeff
Don’t go planning on spending that “tax cut” that’s been promised to begin on April 1.
In what is perhaps the very first April Fool’s joke by the US Government, the tax cut announced by B. Hussein is anything BUT a tax cut.
You see, Obama announced that he has ordered employers to cut taxes taken from workers’ paychecks as part of his effort to boost a worsening U.S. economy.
But the key is in the wording. Yes, he HAS ordered employers to cut witholding of taxes in workers paychecks. However, what ISN’T being reported is that the tax tables are unchanged for 2009. The tax RATE is unchanged , but employees will have $65 less WITHHELD from their check.
And to add insult to injury, those who do not make enough to OWE income taxes can “file for their share”.
But then again, what does one expect from an administration that nominates tax cheats for cabinet positions.
Maybe one of the Tea Party protesters can help spread the word.
Grab your ankles….
Filed under: Corruption, Democrats, Economy, Government, March 2009, Republicans, Taxes | Tagged: bho, Obamanation, tax cut, Taxes | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 22, 2009 by Jeff
- It continues to appear that Tea Party USA is gaining momentum; the sleeping giant is awakening, and BOY IS HE PISSED!
- Public schools have failed miserably in educating students on economics. This is clearly evident when listening to people discuss the current economic situation. On C-SPAN this morning, I heard a caller lamenting how he has such high property taxes, yet corporations such as the eeeeevil Wal Mart get tax breaks, while the commoners get slammed. My answer to THAT is we are overtaxed to pay for all of the entitlements and pork thrust on us by power-hungry politicians. Placing an undue tax burden on corporations has lead to many of them moving factories outside of the US, thus resulting in job losses. More taxes on business is analagous to biting the hand that feeds us.
- Between election day and 2/12/09, the Dow fell 18%. I don’t want to hear ANY Obama voter bitch about their 401k.
- Back in June, when George Bush was President, the Congressional Budget Office forecast the 2009 budget deficit to be $482 Billion; liberals and Democrats were utterly INCENSED over this. B. Hussein’s new plan puts the budget deficit at $1.7 trillion, and the silence from these same people is deafening.
- Hope and Change; the Obama mantra. That massive increase in the Federal budget deficit is definitely Change. Now, Slick Willy is advising a little more Hope from The Messiah. I wonder if Slick Willy’s wife’s boss will take the advice?
- Presumably, Chandra Levy was a Democrat (she was an intern with a Dem Rep from California). Although I don’t know her family’s political views, nor do I know either her’s or her families views on illegal immigration, it’s interesting to note that her suspected killer is an illegal immigrant from El Salvador.
- The New York Times feels that the government should take over the banks. I wonder if they feel the same way about large newspapers?
- B. Hussein is apparently trying to stem the tide of his falling approval numbers. Yesterday, he announced that we will be getting our tax cut by April. Try not to spend all of that $65 per month (for a family; less for individuals) all in one place.
- The Democrats have been obsessed with ensuring that the rest of the world likes us. But that was BEFORE the election. Apparently, that has changed.
- Students at NYU barricaded themselves in a cafeteria, protesting the lack of budget transparency of the University. “The students wanted NYU to release information on its budget and endowment, including staff salaries and financial aid. The students also wanted the university to release its investment strategy and the names of the people and firms involved in it. “ How dare them?
When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe – Thomas Jefferson
Filed under: Democrats, Economy, February 2009, Republicans | Tagged: bho, bill clinton, chandra levy, economic education, Economy, hope and change, illegal immigration, nyu protest, Obamanation, tea party usa | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 21, 2009 by Jeff
B. Hussein’s true liberal colors are now fully evident. It is clear that he has initiated a full-out assault on the producers in this country (middle class WORKING taxpayers, corporations, etc), and it is not going unnoticed.
Protesters lined the streets in Mesa Arizona this week to greet BHO with signs such as “Free Beer For My Horses” and “Give Me Liberty Or At Least A Big Screen TV!”. And CNBC had Larry Santelli from a trading floor in Chicago say that there was going to be a “tea party in July”, as he was incensed that the government is forcing us to pay the mortgages of those who had no business in the first place being given a loan that they couldn’t pay back.
New websites protesting the redistribution of taxes in the form of mortgage bailouts are also popping up, such as Angry Renter.
And in Pennsylvania protesters greeted Obama-ally Arlen Specter with a protest over his recent support of Porkulus.
If it weren’t for the damage they do to our Capitalist and Democratic system, these Libs would be fun to watch…
Filed under: Economy, February 2009, Obama, Politics, Republicans | Tagged: bho, larry santelli, mortgage bailout, Obamanation, protest, specter | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 18, 2009 by Jeff
One of the goals put forth by B. Hussein was to utilize the internet to communicate to the American People. We saw the unprecedented website of “The Office of the President Elect” , and a revamped White House website. And since inauguration, it seems as though more and more .gov websites popping up out of nowhere.
And while I think it’s great to have government transparency in the form of information for the whole country to see, if that information is false, it does more much more harm than good. Such information in previous years would be call “propaganda”.
Well, Recovery.gov is one of those new websites, and The Heritage Foundation has a piece on their blog showing that the data is “completely made up” And in an Orwellian twist, the administration has “corrected” job numbers so that there is no discrepancy. What next-the “Thought Police”?
Filed under: Democrats, February 2009, Government, Obama, Republicans | Tagged: 1984, bho, economic stimulus, heritage foundation, Obama, Obamanation, porkulus, recovery.gov | Leave a comment »