- It continues to appear that Tea Party USA is gaining momentum; the sleeping giant is awakening, and BOY IS HE PISSED!
- Public schools have failed miserably in educating students on economics. This is clearly evident when listening to people discuss the current economic situation. On C-SPAN this morning, I heard a caller lamenting how he has such high property taxes, yet corporations such as the eeeeevil Wal Mart get tax breaks, while the commoners get slammed. My answer to THAT is we are overtaxed to pay for all of the entitlements and pork thrust on us by power-hungry politicians. Placing an undue tax burden on corporations has lead to many of them moving factories outside of the US, thus resulting in job losses. More taxes on business is analagous to biting the hand that feeds us.
- Between election day and 2/12/09, the Dow fell 18%. I don’t want to hear ANY Obama voter bitch about their 401k.
- Back in June, when George Bush was President, the Congressional Budget Office forecast the 2009 budget deficit to be $482 Billion; liberals and Democrats were utterly INCENSED over this. B. Hussein’s new plan puts the budget deficit at $1.7 trillion, and the silence from these same people is deafening.
- Hope and Change; the Obama mantra. That massive increase in the Federal budget deficit is definitely Change. Now, Slick Willy is advising a little more Hope from The Messiah. I wonder if Slick Willy’s wife’s boss will take the advice?
- Presumably, Chandra Levy was a Democrat (she was an intern with a Dem Rep from California). Although I don’t know her family’s political views, nor do I know either her’s or her families views on illegal immigration, it’s interesting to note that her suspected killer is an illegal immigrant from El Salvador.
- The New York Times feels that the government should take over the banks. I wonder if they feel the same way about large newspapers?
- B. Hussein is apparently trying to stem the tide of his falling approval numbers. Yesterday, he announced that we will be getting our tax cut by April. Try not to spend all of that $65 per month (for a family; less for individuals) all in one place.
- The Democrats have been obsessed with ensuring that the rest of the world likes us. But that was BEFORE the election. Apparently, that has changed.
- Students at NYU barricaded themselves in a cafeteria, protesting the lack of budget transparency of the University. “The students wanted NYU to release information on its budget and endowment, including staff salaries and financial aid. The students also wanted the university to release its investment strategy and the names of the people and firms involved in it. “ How dare them?
When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe – Thomas Jefferson
Filed under: Democrats, Economy, February 2009, Republicans Tagged: | bho, bill clinton, chandra levy, economic education, Economy, hope and change, illegal immigration, nyu protest, Obamanation, tea party usa